Indonesia has a wide variety of unique and creative culture. Starting from a variety of language, dress, food, drink, dancing, games to music. Besides Indonesia has sharpened bamboo sticks as weapons of struggle in the colonial period ago, there are also a wide variety of musical traditional instrument made of bamboo, there are dances and various culinary Indonesia using bamboo too.
Here are some musical traditional instrument that uses bamboo.
1. Sasando is a stringed musical instrument. This instrument comes from Rote Island, East Nusa Tenggara. Sasando shape similar to other stringed instruments such as the guitar, violin and harp. The main part sasando long tubular made of bamboo.
2. Calung is a musical instrument Sundanese similar with angklung. Unlike the angklung is played by shaken, beating calung way is to hit the trunk of the sections are arranged according to the pentatonic scales.
3. Saluang is a traditional musical instrument Minangkabau, West Sumatra. This wind instrument made of thin bamboo or gutters. These tools include class of musical instrument flute, but it is simpler to make, enough with punching holes in gutters with four holes. Saluang length of approximately 40-60 cm, with a diameter of 3-4 cm.
4. Angklung is a traditional musical instrument from West Java, made of bamboo, which sounded shaken by (the sound caused by the clash of bodies bamboo pipes) so as to produce a vibrating sound.
5. Jegog is a typical musical instrument Jembrana, Bali. Similar to bamboo gamelan yet. Physical form such as bamboo slats arranged half lined. Underneath, there is a bamboo intact but perforated uppers as hole resonance.
That some traditional Indonesian musical instruments and many others to be the uniqueness of the culture of the country that are awesome.